About Me

My photo
Grumpy, yet verbose.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Kelvernia: A Word on Terminology

I mentioned "Mutants & Mazes" in the title of my last post. For those unfamiliar with the term, it's a name used for the alternate Mutant Future rules in the back of the book to make them more compatible with a Labyrinth Lord game. The idea is to allow for cross-genre characters, etc.

I'm not 100% convinced I'll use those rules as written. While I like the idea of having robots and mutants in the setting, I'm not sure having them as playable PCs is the way to go. At the same time, I did say I want to leave player choices relatively open. The middle path is to offer some limited options to the players. Right now I don't want to get bogged down in crunch, I want to envision and describe the game I want to run, then try to figure out the how.

In either case, I'm (currently) using the term as a description of the genre rather than referring to specific rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment