About Me

My photo
Grumpy, yet verbose.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Lake Geneva awaits

I managed to get registered for the Garycon events I really wanted (yay me!) and the event I'm running filled up (woot!). Now begins the process of getting organized for running two vendor tables there. We'll (Faster Monkey Games) be running our table as well as Goblinoid Games' (the makers of Labyrinth Lord and other fine products).

Gary Con, for those who do not know, is a small con organized by Mr. Gygax's children and several former TSR employees. It is held in Lake Geneva, WI every March to mark the passing of EGG and honor his legacy. It's a small con (a few hundred attendees), but growing (this will be the 5th year). This will be my third GC (I missed 1 & 2).

I'm looking forward to the con a lot.  I always have a good time in Lake Geneva. I was first there in 2008, right after Gary Gygax passed away, for the last Lake Geneva Gaming Con (run by Troll Lord Games). I was supposed to play in Gary's "front porch" event. It would have been the first time I'd have met the man, but he died in March and the con was in June. I still had a great time, but there was an understandably subdued quality to the crowd.


No comments:

Post a Comment