About Me

My photo
Grumpy, yet verbose.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Short DCC Followup

We played "Session 0" last night. 16 zero-level PCs went into the funnel, about a third are dead. We'll probably finish the adventure next time and do some leveling up of the survivors. I decided to set things up to use a version of my Kelvernia setting for any actual campaign play. We'll see what happens next.

Overall, I like the idea of the zero-level funnel, but it's probably best if it doesn't go on for too long. The proto-PCs are so very fragile, and they can't do any of the really cool stuff "full" PCs can (Mighty Deeds, Spells, etc.).


2 comments:

  1. Yeah. Base advancement from zero to 1st is five encounters, possibly less if one or two are really challenging (and what isn't at zero level). Funnels should be fun and quick, usually a single session, time allowing. Then it's off to actual class benefits. Hope you're all having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a pretty fun system (I've binge-listened to a lot of Jim's "Spellburn" podcast). I hope I can get them interested in some more extended play so they can see some of the shinier bits.

      (Sorry I'll miss Garycon this year, otherwise I'd pick your brains about it.)

      Delete